Called "Little Friend" by the bomber crews it protected, the P-51 Mustang also became known as the Cadillac of the Sky — one of the finest high-speed, high-altitude fighters built during WWII. Top Flite's giant ARF version fulfils your own fighter pilot fantasies with impressive size, power and manoeuvrability!
- Assembles in as little as 25-30 hours
- All-wood construction, with pre-painted fibreglass and ABS parts plus clear canopy, aluminium spinner, and cockpit kit
- Available MonoKote-covered to recreate WWII's "Big Beautiful Doll," flown by Col. John D. Landers
- Large dimensions allow for a generously sized radio compartment, making installation of on-board radio gear hassle-free
- Already set up for flaps and optional retracts with functional landing gear doors
With the high quality of today’s ARFs, it was only a matter of time before Top Flite would develop an ARF warbird of their own — and what better place to start than with the most popular WWII warbird of all time—the P-51D Mustang! The Mustang’s streamlined appearance combined with Top Flite’s engineering expertise makes this one sweet model. If you are new to giant-scale warbirds, once over the initial apprehension of flying a valuable giant-scale model you’ll realize its stable flight qualities and find yourself enjoying it for many flights to come.
Prebuilt, MonoKote-covered main sections feature built-up, fully sheeted wood construction. The cowl and wing fillets are made of pre-painted fibreglass. Painted ABS parts provide more realistic detail, as do the supplied aluminium spinner and ABS cockpit kit. Assembly can be completed in as little as 25-30 hours!
Top Flite includes fixed, heavy-duty wire landing gear, but also has set up the model to use optional Robart retracts with functional landing gear doors. To make future upgrades easy, the retracts install using the same bolt pattern as the fixed gear.
The Giant P-51D Mustang ARF's realistic appearance, impressive size and fully symmetrical wing turn a trip to the airfield into an opportunity to fly spectacular sorties! Match it with the U.S. Engines 41 cc gasoline engine (USEG0041) for the power to execute dramatic dogfight manoeuvres.
- 5-7 channel radio with 9-11 servos
- 2.1-2.8cu in 2-stroke glow engine OR 2.5-4.3cu in gasoline engine
- Receiver battery
- 84.5 in (2140 mm)
- Wing Area:
- 1245 in² (80.3 dm²)
- 17.5-19 lb (7.9-8.6 kg)
- Wing Loading:
- 32-35 oz/ft² (98-107 g/dm²)
- 73.5 in (1865 mm)
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.